Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Good Bye, Old Job

Why does leaving a job take two days of packing, cleaning, sorting, and cd-burning?

I've been at this job for 4 years, I guess that's why. I finished all of the above with 15 minutes to spare in the work day, and I have been going nonstop all day. Tonight will be my going away party.

So many people have told me "Congratulations!" and have said how they're so glad for me to be doing this. It feels good to hear that. If I had a nickel for how many times I've thought, "I could come back just for the summer and work part time..." well, I'd have a lot of nickels. I knew I had to make a clean break, and I'm glad I am doing that. It's easy to try and stick around just a little longer, in some capacity, but I can't do that.

Leaving is sad. There are many wonderful people here and it was a good job, fun even, a lot of times. It paid the bills and offered many challenges and opportunities for me to grow as a designer. I've learned so much here. And now, I have cleared my path completely in order to move on to other things. Like BlogHer, and I'm excited about that.

Off to get my drink on!

No comments: