Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Glamourous Way to Start the Day

This morning as I walked home after dropping off OC at school I thought about what I needed to do today. What I really wanted, I decided, was a pastry to go with my coffee. Something like a really good cinnamon roll or muffin.

Then I thought about what I really didn't want to do: clean the litterbox. Not scoop....clean. I thought about the most pressing thing that needed to be done which was also? Clean the litterbox. The cats have spoken, and their language of choice wasn't pretty. Preciouses need a clean box and new litter for precious furry selves.

About once a month, I empty the litterbox and wash it with soap and water, clean the floor under the box, and wash the scooper. Not something to look forward to, but it only takes about 10 minutes. The thing about me is, I'm pretty good at finding other things to do when something like cleaning the litterbox awaits doing. Is there anyone else who would want to do it? No? Is there anything else to do? Anything?? Sorting through junk mail and stacks of papers starts to look like fun - even if they'll take HOURS - compared to cleaning a dirty litterbox which takes ten minutes. This is the scary way my mind works.

Not today. Today, I cleaned the litterbox, scooper, and the floor.

I'm looking forward to that cinnamon roll, and feeling pretty good about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the exact same way. I'm thinking this brain-type is why we both leave cat litter in our trunks.

Amanda said...

Good for you! I missed the kitty litter duty as our cat only used one for a few months, blissful months wherein I was pregnant and under Dr.s orders to stay away from feline fecal matter. Ah the convenience!

Amanda said...

Did I make it sound like he craps willy nilly through the house? He does his business outdoors now, though he still brings in delicacies like squirrel entrails.

Loralee Choate said...

We had a litter box for the first few months of Wilbur's life.

Then, my merciless husband threw her out into the mean streets of Logan until she was house broken.

She is indeed housebroken. She will also hump any cat within a five mile radius now. I totally blame my husband for her turning into a ho.