Monday, October 08, 2012

The World is a Magical Place

Remember the child from the box? Well, she's taking her afternoon nap. And this morning, she had a morning nap. And last night? Last night, she slept in her crib for the first time. Her father and I took turns sitting with her until she fell asleep. When she woke during the night, I was prepared to soothe her but not feed her. She mostly self-soothed before I could go in there and muck things up, except for that 2 - 3:30 am stretch where I went into her room LIKE A MORON. See: previous part about SELF-SOOTHING, dumdum.


There is a reason why sleep deprivation is a torture device, people. Think about it.




Holy sweet Baby Jesus, today is a marvelous day!!!! The world is a beautiful place!!!!!!!! 

Meanwhile, there's the other one. The older one. She is running cross-country this fall for the first time.



She's the blondie in black shoes. I screamed maniacally for her as she ran by. I think she loves that.


Kids. There's nothing like them. Sometimes you put them in boxes in a vain attempt to hang onto your mind and get through the next few minutes, and other times you shout out loud your support for all the world to hear. Much to their dismay. I'm not sure which is the truest indicator of a loving parent. 

Probably both.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I definitely agree with you. The world is a magical place where in we live and breathe and you can have beautiful places to go and see. Love our planet.





Canadian Visa