Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The First of Many

Guess who said what this morning in the following conversation, as OC and I discussed her choice of clothing.

"Are you wearing your play jeans?"

"Yes."

"Do they have holes in the knees?"

*impish smile, which means yes

"You look like a.....a....what is the word?"

*thinkthinkthink

"Give me a minute. I'll think of it."

*thinkthinkthinkstupidbrain

"Your minute is up."

"You look like a...why do I want to say flower, or muffin?"

"...teenager?"

*checks thesaurus

"A guttersnipe? Tatterdemalion? I've never heard of those. Wait, muffin was close. Ragamuffin! That's it. You look like a ragamuffin. Oliver Twist. Please sir, can I have some more?"

"Whaaaaat?!?" takes bowl away

The girl thinks quickly, I'll give her that.

2 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

I am so glad that I am not the only one who thinks her children look like street urchins from time to time.

Amanda said...

Sigh, acceptance is hard. If I could have a dream career: eradicating to short pants the world over.