Thursday, August 19, 2010

Too Much Life

As a cat lover I'm also an animal lover in general. This morning's run-in with wildlife was a bit much, even for me.

2 a.m. Cat (Rum) is racing around bedroom playing. Crunching whatever plastic is in here, pouncing hard, obviously attacking something....uh oh. It has to be an animal. Please don't let it be a mouse. Doze....

4:12 a.m. Get up and deal with situation. It's a mouse. Rum is chasing it, but she's not killing it. Kill, Rum, kill the mouse! I hate suffering. I'd rather the mouse was either running free in some field, or dead. No in between.

4:15 a.m. Mouse has gotten free....in the house. I yelled at Rum to GET THE MOUSE and she lost it. Great.

6:30 a.m. Up and at 'em. There's no more sleep for me. But there is a freshly killed bird in the living room. W...T...F....???

6:32 a.m. Bird is gone, but I wonder where the mouse is? Either it's found its way outdoors, or there is going to be a nasty smell in a couple of days.

Yuck.

8:15 a.m. Chickens escaped into the garden. They must like the tall grass around the garden beds. Stupid birds.

I miss Sable and Dakota.

No comments: