Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Two Fer

Yesterday started off with a bang. Literally. I'm not talking gunshot, I'm talking a brand new jar of organic tamari soy sauce crashed down from the overhead cabinet onto my coffee mug, shattering the whole mess. This was BEFORE I had a chance to take a sip of coffee, as what caused the crashing was my reaching for the turbinado sugar which was on the shelf next to the soy sauce.

Good morning!

And then today. I'm putting dishes away and a grab-it bowl decided to be rebellious and defy its name when it crashed to the floor and shattered into a million pieces.

No one was hurt, not like last time. I am definitely beginning to feel like I should not touch the good china. Which will be easy seeing as though I don't have any good china.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Two grocery trips running I stowed the 2 fresh salsa containers in the little butter compartment up top with the roll down door and both times one tub perished on the floor. What did I do yesterday? Give yourself a star if you guessed put the tubs in the same damn spot like a fool and ran once again to apply spray and wash to the ankles and shins of my blighted, too-short-and-misshapen-maternity pants.

Tiggerlane said...

I feel your pain - just remember, it's STUFF and not life or limb (yet).

Having said that - in our new house, I've already rolled a roll-out drawer, right into a cabinet door - and broken a brand-new plate that I got as a house-warming gift, not two days after I got it.

We need padded houses - ya think?

Loralee Choate said...

I put salt in my coffee by mistake this morning. Does that make you feel any better????

:)

juliejulie said...

I feel your pain. The saddest part of this whole thing is missing your first sip of coffee. That makes me cry. It sounds like you're on your way to falling through your own front door, like I did last weekend! Be careful in the kitchen, there are knives, and danger lurks everywhere.