Monday, June 30, 2008

In Summertime, When a Girl's Thoughts Turn To Track and Field

Obviously.

I watched the Olympic trials for track and field on tv Sunday night, held at Eugene's Hayward Field. A man broke the world record for the 100 meter dash - 9.68 seconds! But it won't count for the record books. Apparently there was "too much tailwind". He's going to the Olympics and that is well-deserved. These athletes are amazing, I am completely fascinated.

Since last Saturday's late night post, Sable has pooped in his litterbox and the stray cat howled once before going away. Ha!

I'm coping much better today. I want to say again, I know things are really quite good. These little annoyances are present in everybody's life, that's the way it goes.

On that note, it's in the upper 90's again today, and so I unveil my coping strategy: large pitcher of mojitos! Extra ice, extra mint, extra rum. Bon appetit, mes amis.

1 comment:

Jen F said...

Hmmm... we have to be in Redmond tonight for kid golf lesson fun-ness. Can I come to your house to help with the mojitos? ;-)