Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Irony, Defined

Apparently I suffer from a lack of comprehension. I read this, and then did nothing. All she was trying to do was give me this:



Thank you, Mrs. Chicken for the acknowledgement. I love you, too!

A Thinking Blogger Award for a Non-Thinking Blogger. At least, a Non-Paying-Attention one.

In my most non-obsequious tone, let me tell you that I do love Mrs. Chicken for many reasons. She makes me laugh; she's smart; she is so relatable; and she's not afraid to tell you the good along with the bad. We have quite a lot in common, too. We both just moved to new places for our husband's sake and left a lot behind and are still finding our respective ways around new towns; we have daughters; we bemoan the lack of shopping in our new areas of residence. Oh, and then there's the horrible disease that had a devastating affect on both of our families at nearly the same time. But it's mostly good things we have in common. If only we lived closer to one another, we could have coffee and shop online together, geography be damned!

And now, to show that I'm not a complete, non-participating jerk, here is my list of five bloggers who make me think:

Wait. Before I list anyone I want to say first that this is by no means a comprehensive list, and that there are many bloggers who I read on a regular basis that I love - LOVE - and may not be listed here. If it were up to me I would just point to my blogroll and say there! There they are! Those bloggers all make me think! But I have to do this so I can get off the shit list, if I am, indeed, on one, for this or any other reason. Actually, if there's another reason (and let's face it, I probably am) I'll have to take care of that later. For now, here's this:

Julia {Here Be Hippogriffs} talks about her pain and her joys so honestly, it's heartbreaking.
Mimi Smartypants is way too smart, but every once in awhile I get the reference.
Mother Reader is a mom, AND she reads. I didn't know you could do that!
Izzy Mom is not afraid to talk about anything, be it an embarrassing personal story, or debating important social topics.
Eva Las Vegas is just so cool.

Allright, I have completed my assignment. As a current Type A and former slacker*, I think we can all agree that I must feel SO MUCH BETTER right now, not having let this go undone.

I just want to know, what is a hippogriff, and where, exactly, are they?


* Former? Who am I trying to kid???

4 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

My favorite part was the * notation.

Heh.

Amy said...

Right back atchay, OT. If we lived closer we could go on shopping day trips.

Thanks for playing, and your choices are excellent.

xoxoxo

Amy said...

I mean right back ATCHYA. Can you tell I am sleep deprived.

Kristin said...

Thank you OC... if only you knew how my husband, when I read him your words, replied with, "Cool? You?"

Apparently, I give good internet.

;-)

xx,

K.

PS - I just saw your email... it was bounced to my spam... but was saved!