Friday, March 09, 2007

Post Meeting Fervor is Over

Hi there.

I was up late last night in some sort of post-meeting fervor. Now that I have re-read last night's post, it does sound kind of nuts. I mean, I'm glad I met people and all but the exuberence I felt over the whole thing did not translate well to the post. Did you notice I didn't talk about the substance of the meeting? Because I was more concerned with the social aspect? (shallow!) Ahh well. Today is another day, Scarlett.

We went to the library the other day and found this wonderful children's book: The Red Lemon, by Bob Staake. The story was good, fine, lovely; but the illustrations! So fabulous. Loved them. What is with graphic designers being great illustrators? I am not one of them, but I admire those with the ability to do both.

I came across a cool site that tracks books left out in public spaces, much like the Where's George? idea. Search by book title, or by location. I thought it would be fun to do while on a trip, especially if there aren't any books in your area. There aren't any in Redmond. Unless...I could start off this city with a title. Even better, along with the book I could leave one of OH's t-shirts and a hat.

Provide a public service + amuse self + clean out the closets = Genius!

Speaking of books, I recently signed up with Library Thing in order to replace my sad, outdated booklist in this blog's sidebar. I have been thinking about changing this blog, actually. I'm getting tired of the template, but really I want to venture forth into the land of My Very Own Domain and experiment with more tools, more design, and more freedom.

But not today.

Today is Friday, which in our house is movie day. Arriving today in my very own mailbox: Goldfish Memory.

What's your next Netflix?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the head's up about Bob Staake. I haven't run across his books, but they do look like a lot of fun. I'll keep an eye out for them. I have a huge stack of new picture books to read and review, just as soon as my schedule eases up a bit... Thanks for your recent words of encouragement.

You can, by the way, catch up with LOST on DVD. But this is the third year, so there is a fair bit of catching up required.

Have a great weekend!

Amy said...

Go visit me! I left you a present!

Amy said...

Oh, and my next Netflix is "CSA: Confederate States Of America." I love me a good social satire. :)

If you start a new template thing, I'll be watching closely. I want to do the same!