Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Over the Mountains

In the last week I have had many posts written in my head but then have neglected to sit down and type them. Thus, due to a stunning lack of diligence coupled with an overabundance of beer in the fridge, these thoughts are lost to the infinite abyss that constitutes the voluminous area where I store the Things I Have Forgotten. There is only an entrance, with no way to retrieve topics once they've gone to this dark place.

I think I wanted to write more about Seattle. I know I wanted to write about a movie I saw. I just finished another book and wanted to talk about that. Oh, and there was this past holiday weekend, some new furniture was purchased a week before that, OC said some funny things, and then there was tonight and that lady who only had bad things to say about the things in my life. I definitely want to share THAT little gem of an experience.

I'm sorry to say that it will all have to wait because it's 10:45 pm and I have to get up and go to Portland tomorrow for a meeting. I'm driving so that gives me 6 1/2 hours roundtrip to come up with a doozy of a post to include all topics up to now. I'll find a way to link the Space Needle to Memorial Day, and how many degrees of separation there are between Kevin Bacon and Ellen Burstyn. Think I can make it in only six?

In the meantime, I'll be trying to narrow down which restaurant I want to go to for drinks and food after the meeting, because living in Redmond means restaurant choices are a little thin unless you have the memory of a goldfish. In that case, Jody's is like a new hamburger joint every time! It's getting better, but compared to Portland it might as well be the dark side of the moon, where I do not think they have any Indian food at all. Just like how they don't in Redmond. I'm afraid I'll be like a kid in a candy store, or maybe closer yet would be like a wayward nun going barhopping after 20 years of the cloistered life. Will Portland welcome me back? Its lost, wayward sister of comestible faith. I hope so. If overabundance of choice be my only complication, I say bring on the hitch, the botheration, the quagmire of decision.

Okay, it's really getting late now and Dictionary.com/thesaurus is getting ready to cancel my free subscription. 'night.

3 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

Ug, I get in that place. Sometimes it seems like blogging is a chore (Although I chore I like) that I have fallen behind on and it just PILES UP!

Anonymous said...

I missed you! For the next time you come there are a few hot new restaurants you might be interested in, all conveniently located very near the Doug Fir: L'Astra (actually not so new anymore), le Pigeon (pretty new), and Rocket (brand spanking new). Check one out and let me know what you think!

Anonymous said...

"The voluminous area where I store the Things I Have Forgotten."

Wow, that is what I consider to be my entire brain...

I do heart Seattle... and I do remember that.