Thursday, November 15, 2007

Her First Reference (of Many) I Don't Understand

My six-year old daughter and I were watching "Gilmore Girls" and during the credits she suddenly said, "Hold on" with such authority I thought she found an easter egg. She picked up the remote to reverse the frames.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"I thought that said Barbara Park, but it didn't."

"Who is Barbara Park?"

She looked at me as if I was inquiring into the identity of the fat man in the red suit who brings the presents, so obvious was the reference.

"She writes the Junie B. Jones books!"

Of course. And so begins* my own special brand of parental ignorance.



*Begins! That's a good one. As if it up until now was displayed only enlightenment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world. Although, I will admit I know who Barbara Park is. I do not know how to "do the soulja boy" dance, however. Not entirely sure I want to.

Jen said...

I think I watched Scott get dumber the other day, while talking to his daughter.

I miss the Gilmore Girls.

Amanda said...

I totally felt that sting.