Thursday, March 02, 2006

Quotable

"I saw yellow in the distance and I was like, Oh mommy! We have daffodils!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
What a way to start the day. When OC noticed the daffodils were blooming, she exclaimed about it ever so sweetly.

This morning I used my neti pot to help clear my nose. I take Trazodone to help me sleep, and it dries up my sinuses. I'm still willing to use it because it works so well, but I hate the drying effect. The neti pot does an absolute wonderful job of moistening the tissue and helping to clear out whatever junk is stuck up there.

Aren't you glad I shared? After all, a blog is good for many things, one of which could be learning the intimate details of the inner workings of someone's sinus cavity. It could be worse. I could talk about poop. But poop? Is not my style. Snot, however, is right up my alley.

Me and my dry, snotty nose, along with my family, are headed to Walla Walla on Sunday for the funeral of my grandma. It promises to be interesting, with all kinds of relatives there to mingle, many of whom I go to great pains to avoid. But, that's what funerals are for: bringing people together who otherwise would assume not to see one another. Ahhh, family. You gotta love it. I do look forward to seeing my Aunt and my mom, and a couple of my cousins.

But before this, there is a loooooong list of things To Do. Oh, my! Before we go to Walla Walla, we had planned to meet some friends and stay at Mt. Hood so we could ski this weekend. OC can't go skiing, as she's still got her phlegmy cough. I'm hoping OH and I can split a day pass and switch off staying with OC inside the cabin while the other goes skiing. I don't mind, as I love to ski but also will bring my knitting along and watch movies with her. Not a bad way to relax before a funeral.

I keep thinking I need to add pictures to the blog. All this text is probably boring the snot (HA!) out of you. Allright, I'll get you some pictures. Soon.

No comments: