Friday, July 21, 2006

Confession

It's been 11 days since my last post.

I could go on (and on) about how I've been struggling with the transition, and unable to find time to blog or be on the internet. It's true that in my first few weeks at home from work I had a bit of a problem tearing myself away from the internet and neglected the work that had to be done. My husband had a bit of a meltdown last week and got mad at me about it. He was right (although I wish he could talk to me about distressing things without yelling...he's working on that one) and I've gotten a lot done since then. However, the pendulum has swung too far the other way now, because I haven't been online since.

I don't want to talk too much about it, lest I bore however many readers I may have managed to retain during that unplanned hiatus. Let's just say that my mom called, worried about me. Hiatus is over.

Here's the thing: I love writing. I love working out an idea and telling a story. This is important to me and it's something that I need to make a regular part of my day, even though I also need to get all my crap unpacked and keep the house clean.

Allright then, that's what I'm going to do. Also? Will put up pictures on a regular basis. All this blahblahblah is getting to be BORING. I know I still need to finish talking about our trip to Ireland from way back in April and May of this year.

Another item I want to cover is how this week OC attended vacation bible school, where she had a great time. My sister now calls me the Church Lady, but I can assure you I am so NOT.

It is 103 degrees here today. ONE HUNDRED AND THREE. Did I mention I live in temperate Portland, Oregon, where it is not supposed to get this hot? I would like to know what gives.

And now, I give you OC in her gymnastics cover up outfit holding her original drawing of the Scooby Doo monster, the Yowee Yahoo:



Have you ever seen Scooby Doo and the Legend of the Vampire? You really should check it out.

No comments: