Thursday, July 27, 2006

In Preparation

So. I don't leave for BlogHer until tomorrow since I don't have a ticket for the first day (which is tomorrow). Boo hoo, but also, yay, I get an extra day to pack!

I am currently having a crisis: what color to paint my toenails? I want to go with red but can't quite commit since I might want to wear pink shorts. The main colors of the clothes that I might take are in the range of brown capris, orange Indian tunic, aqua top, and a black skirt, among others. I'm still thinking of going with red, but I don't know what I'm wearing during the day Saturday.

Crisis, I tell you!!!

Also, am finishing cleaning the house. Let me tell you, this is not going so badly since I've started doing a "little bit here, a little bit there" every day, and also do not get on the internet in the morning until I've accomplished a couple of things. And then also limit my internet time, like some kind of responsible adult/parent. I've just got a few things left to do, like pick up the dining room table, aka The Receptacle Of Everything That Enters The House. OH will not freak out with a dirty house to inhabit in my absentia.

I'm not going to be up until midnight finishing laundry, either, which will be weird and so not like me, but I may be up late deciding upon a nail polish color. Still, with the nail polish. Have you ceased caring? Did you care in the first place? Right.

I've decided that if I'm going to be an obscure blogger and show up at a blogging convention where fellow bloggers, albeit the non-obscure types whose page views exceed the one thousand mark - per day - I'd better damn well have the right color of toenail polish. Because I know EVERYONE will be looking out for that.

I really don't know what to expect. I feel like I'm inviting myself to the cool kids' party and I just know there's going to be a bucket of pig's blood at the end of the evening except for the fact that the bloggers I know of who are going seem so nice and not at all the dump-a-bucket-of-blood-on-your-head type. Not at all. I'm back to not knowing what to expect. I'm kind of freaking. Can you tell?

Must go pack now. Bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where are you? There are rumors of pina coladas this evening and you must join. Just look for the chick at the pool with the "Stay at Home Blogger" t-shirt and the screeching 17 month old blond hair boy that does not even remotely look related to her.