Monday, September 26, 2005

Happy Happy Happy

I realize the tone of my recent posts have been somewhat.....oh, I don't know, negative. They sound whiney or unhappy, or something. They are definitely of the not-fun-to-read variety. I am not an unhappy person, just filled to the brim with excessive worry about everything. Geez! Give me a break.

In an effort to stem the tide of negativeness and worry, I offer something happy: Food. A recipe, actually. Food is a happy thing, so enjoy the happy post about food.

We ate a yummy dinner last night. It was rigatoni with this meaty tomato sauce that was spiced to perfection with melted mozzarella on top. Very comforting. It made me happy. Yes! I was momentarily relaxed an happy last night; alert the fates! I tease, I keed.

Rigatoni Dinner
Brown one pound of ground beef in a skillet. Chop one medium-to-small onion and three cloves garlic and add to meat. Saute for one minute. Add two cans of stewed, Italian-seasoned tomatoes. Add 1 or 2 tsp. (depending on your liking) of basil, thyme, marjoram, cilantro, parsley, salt, pepper, and three tbsp. butter. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Drain pasta. Layer a dinner plate with some pasta, tomato sauce, and top with shredded mozzarella.

Happiness, on a plate!

No comments: