Thursday, September 08, 2005

Opening Line

I am getting married in October. I wonder how many times I can use this line to open a post before it gets annoying? Wait, I think I know. I only mention it again in case you’re new to this blog. If you’re not, then you’re annoyed, and I apologize.

Four of my girlfriends came over one weekend last month to help with preparations. We addressed the invitations, and made the beaded table decorations for the reception. It was great bonding time for me with my friends. I have been so out of it the past few years. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends (one of whom is my sister!) to help me like this. I have been anxious over the To Do list, and the weekends keep flying by. I really need to be at work less, and have more time to devote to planning. I see why people hire wedding planners.

I got a facial last month, and let me tell you it was great! The woman told me to stop scrubbing once a day with a Buff Puff, and to use a washcloth instead. She said that by using the Buff Puff, I was irritating my skin, causing it to go into overtime with oil production, and causing excess redness. I have been doing the washcloth routine since then and it is working beautifully! My face is soft, and not at all thick and oily like I thought it would be without daily exfoliation. (OM, are you reading this? Try it, it works great!) The fancy French face wash and lotion (YonKa) is really nice, too. I can’t wait to go back and get more products. I am such a girl that way. I have one more facial scheduled before the wedding. Which is in October. Did I mention that?

I have been taking these ultra-mega-super vitamins that looked like horse pills and tasted like horse shit (I’m guessing). The label showed that the level of vitamins and minerals were higher than the RDA, the percentages varying from 100% to 500%. I noticed I wasn’t feeling well for a day or so after I took one. I felt shaky, sweaty, and my stomach felt queasy. There was also a digestive tract issue. Namely, lots and lots of flatulence! Oh, and a change for the worse in the consistency of bowel movements. Sorry about that gross little detail, but it’s true! I felt so bloated, and for a long time I had no idea why. I thought it might be certain foods I ate, which could’ve contributed to the problem, but the main cause seems to be those vitamins. Who knew?

There was a girl I went to school with who was a few years ahead of me, and she was way into vitamins and supplements and special diets. She was pretty, and very, very snobby. I tried to like her, but couldn’t because she was just such a bitch. Anyway, she had to go to the hospital because of some kind of vitamin overdose. She was okay, but it made us kind of chuckle afterwards because, come on, a vitamin overdose? Give me a break. Now I can see how it could happen, though. Supplements and ultra-potent vitamins and minerals can really mess with your body if you don’t know what they’re doing. I am going to switch to a less-potent multi-vitamin, because when I take them I feel better. That is the point, to feel better, not bloated and sick!

I have an appointment with a photographer today, and a florist on Saturday. Things are happening.

No comments: