Monday, November 21, 2005

Post Toasties

Ahhh, Monday: The day we get to reflect on all we did not get done the previous weekend.

I am never ready for Mondays. But, who is? This past weekend, we went to the Civil War football game. This is the game played between the University of Oregon Ducks and the Oregon State University Beavers. We are OSU fans. Sadly, they lost pretty badly. The final score was 56-14.

It was a foggy game. At some points the fog was so thick that you couldn't see the ball. The Beavers, in their white uniforms blended into the fog, while the Ducks, in their green uniforms, blended in with the turf. We left at the end of the 3rd quarter because it was foggy, cold, we were getting beaten, and we could beat the crowds. It was fun to go to the game in person, it just takes the whole day to do this. Sigh.

We drove all the way home that night, staying awake by having my husband discuss the history of OSU football. Also, he is teaching me the college football conferences, who is in each conference, and what each team has for a mascot. It was fun to talk about football, and will be nice to follow along in conversations about football. I really like the college level, although I'm not sure why. OH likes it better than pro football, and maybe that's why I like it so much, too. Anyway, there is a website to learn about all of this stuff, in case you're interested.

Sunday, I went to my apartment and packed up the bathroom, because we will no longer need it because we have a usable bathtub! I spent about two hours packing and cleaning, and then I turned in the keys. It feels good to be done with that. Now, there is a mountain of stuff in the garage, and all over the usable parts of the house, and no place to put it! Wheeee!!!!

The remodel is going. Slowly, but it's going. Check my Flickr site for new photos. I should have the photos of the remodel up today or tomorrow, but there are new pictures up of other things right now.

The bathtub is usable, but the bathroom still needs a toilet, vanity, sinks, flooring, lighting, and the tile to be completed. The tile that is up so far is looking beautiful. The tub is deep, and it feels good to take a bath for a change. I am a shower person, but baths are a nice change of pace. We're so anxious to have a full bathroom, but at this point, it's just nice to take a bath in our own home.

No comments: