Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Quotable

Last night as I was putting OC to bed, she said, "Mommy, I have lots of sesame seeds in my eyes."

"Sleepy seeds, dear."

"Yeah, sleepy seeds."

**********************************

We were having dinner at the apartment a few weeks ago, and we had our spread on the living room floor in front of the tv. After finishing, OC asked to be excused in her usual polite manner, adjusting slightly for the present circumstances by saying, "May I please be excused from the floor?"

**********************************

OC bit her nails for a time. I explained that biting your nails was bad for them, that it made them ragged and weak. One day not long after that, I noticed that her nails looked really good and in fact, needed to be trimmed.

"Mommy, I didn't bite my nails."

"OC, I'm so proud of you! They look great, honey. Good job!"

"Yeah, I'm not really interested in that anymore."

No comments: