Monday, August 29, 2005

Back to Reality

I'm back at work on this rainy Monday, that is the bad news. The good news is that I have pictures to share!

The first picture at left is the garden gate covered with clematis. This is the entrance to the yard of the guest cottage. You can see that the gardens are kept up well and remain in bloom in late-August.

This was my main vacationing endeavor: to sample wine and write in my journal. I excelled at both activities. There I am smiling happily as I combine the two!

This is the view from the backyard of the house and guest cottage. You can just see the channel in the distance. There were absolutely beautiful sunsets to enjoy every night. The best part was the phenomenon that occurred in the evenings, when it would become warmer even if the day was cool. It made dining outdoors a pleasure.

And here I am on the return ferry to Lopez, to enjoy one last evening before I returned home the next day.

What a wonderful place. I look forward to returning with OF and OC!

You can view all my photos from this trip here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/occidental_tourist/sets/845977/

2 comments:

WFKA5M said...

What gorgeous photos. Good for you!! I'm glad you had fun. Welcome back.

Occidental Girl said...

Thank you! If you need a getaway, may I suggest the San Juans? They are fabulous! They can really take your mind off things.