Thursday, December 08, 2005

I'm a Sucker For All Things Entertainment

I love People. No, not people; I refer instead to the magazine. The new issue will have an article on Britney and Kevin's recent trouble. What is up with those two? I mean, he's such a slimeball. To wit.

Anyway, I have been in a People-buying jag, what with the in-depth analysis of the breakup of Nick and Jessica in the last issue. Nick and Jessica, separated! How could they??? It's all too other-worldly.

But Britney and Kevin beg a different question; specifically, how could they not? I mean, you take a guy who has two kids with a woman (Shar Jackson), and is dating other women in the meantime. I know what you're thinking: "If they're not together, why is that a problem?" Agreed. I'm not arguing that point. I'm talking about the principle of the thing, about how the situation looks to a prospective mate. What was Britney thinking? She obviously thought one or both of the following:

Option 1. "Shar was the cause of the problem! She pushed Kevin away!"

Option 2. "I can change him. He'll be different with me."

It's understandable to push aside red flags when you find yourself attracted to someone. But, uh, problems don't just go away with silliness and sunshine. Maybe Kevin will change his partying ways, maybe he just doesn't like post-partum women. Whatever the case, poor Britney. If only she'd asked my opinion before marrying...

No comments: