Wednesday, December 07, 2005

That Time of Year

I love this time of year, when there are festive white lights strung all over trees downtown, the air is clear. It makes for a lovely walk through the city in the evening darkness.

I have been leaving the office in the dark for a few weeks now. While my work schedule is 8 - 4:30, I have been getting in to work late, so I've been leaving late to make up for it. It leaves me feeling as though I work in a cave, to walk out of the building and into darkness. The reward is a chance to enjoy a lovely, picturesque city which has been mostly rain-free for days and days. That's one of the great things about Portland in December. People think it always rains, but it doesn't. It rains like a son of a gun in the spring, but it's not spring and therefore I don't have to think about that right now.

I still have Christmas shopping to do, but I can't do it with OC. She is a little stool pigeon! It was so nice, back when she was oblivious to what was happening around her. I once bought her Christmas presents when she was much younger - with her in tow. She had no clue. Now, she is eagle-eyed and doesn't miss a thing. She's at the age where she is bound to repeat things, too. When we joke around at home, we always stop ourselves to analyze what we are saying, and tell OC not to repeat it at school where, when said out of context, it could raise some eyebrows. I wish I had a good example right now, but I don't. It's the end of the day, and I am brain dead.

I have Christmas presents to buy and ship to OSEAST and OM. A certain OC is turning 5 this month...that means, a birthday party to put together. I just realized these things the other day, and yes, I think I am slow on the uptake, too.

I say, I must get my shit together. I'm running out of time! Where's my personal assistant...

Damn it.

No comments: